Note: The article has been translated from the Italian language with software
Looking at the photographs of the period when the Spanish flu pandemic was rampant in Europe and around the world , we cannot ignore some similarities with what we are experiencing today with the new coronavirus pandemic or COVID-19.
Already in that distant 1918 from the photographs we can see how the population and the police as well as the health workers wearing the well-known masks tried to escape the Spanish flu, which in a short time helped to bring other lives with them, as if death was not yet satisfied with what was received and taken by force during the war of 1914 – 1918 which will go down in history as the First World War which was then called the Great War.
Directory relating to sites that contain images relating to the Spanish flu
With this directory I refer you directly to the site hosting the photographs (so that you can look at them), obviously the photos could be covered by copyright and therefore not shareable.
- Field hospital in 1919
- Improvised hospital during the Spanish
- Tram operator with mask and passengers
- Seattle cops with skirts
- Hospital in Washington DC
- Pandemic curve peaking between October and November
- Tokyo 1919 during the Spanish pandemic
- Cartoon depicting soldier and the 1918 pandemic
- Hospital during the pandemic
- The coffins
- Commemorative plaque with the name of the dead in a municipality in Switzerland
- US troops with the Spanish
- Nurse caring sick
- Warning notice urging to wear the mask
- Military hospital
- Secretary with mask
- Policeman wearing mask
- RSI article with photos and videos on the Spanish flu
- Article of the Swiss Red Cross and the fight against the Spanish
- Article in Corriere della Sera with photographs relating to the use of masks during the pandemic
Do you want to add your site to the Directory too?
If you have a site full of images relating to the Spanish flu pandemic and you are and you want to include your site in the directory, send me an email indicating the site so that I can evaluate.